Best Spin Bike for Home Gym 2018
Spinning is a great form of exercise that can be performed at your local gym or in the comfort of your own home. Spinning classes have gained popularity over the years as well too and companies have recently started designing indoor cycles with integrated live streams of classes. So, you can join your favorite classes with your favorite instructors right at home. In this guide, we give you all the information you need to make your purchase decision for the Best Spin Bike for your home gym.
Do you have a budget in mind? Check out our pages dedicated to the top picks for specific budgets:
- Best Spin Bike Under 1000
- Best Spin Bike Under 500
- Best Spin Bike Under 300
- Best Spin Bike Under 200
Top 6 Spin Bikes on the Market
|Keiser M3i Indoor Cycle Black|
|Keiser M3i Indoor Cycle Black|
|Diamondback Fitness 510Ic|
|NordicTrack Grand Tour Pro|
|Phoenix 98623 Revolution Cycle Pro II|
|Bladez Fitness Master GS Indoor Cycle Trainer|
Keiser M3i Indoor Cycle Black
The Keiser M3i Indoor Cycle Black represents one of the best options when it comes to a modern bike which is easy to use and which doesn’t require too much space. Its design will allow for a great performance and this makes it one of the best options for grip as well. The 4-way handlebar will prove to be one of the best solutions when it comes to a good grip and with smartphone data synchronization it will also allow you to track your performance.
- 4-way handlebar
- Tracks performance
- Compact design
- Console can be improved
The bike represents a simple option to train at home and one of the recommended solutions when it comes to a good overall performance. It will also work with the recommended options when it comes to a compact design which can easily be moved from location to location using the built-in transportation wheels. You will be able to change your cycling location for every workout and this can only add extra versatility to your efforts.
Diamondback Fitness 510Ic
The Diamondback Fitness 510Ic comes with a heavy flywheel which recommends it for intense use. With 16 levels of resistance, it will prove to be one of the top options on the market when it comes to a modern performance and this is where you will be able to use it or added challenge. For this purpose, it will even come with 8 programs to choose from. Together with the adjustable seat, it will be one of the options which will prove easy to use for cyclists of all levels.
- 16 resistance levels
- 8 preset programs
- 4 heart rate programs
- Pulse sensors can be improved
The bike represents one of the top options when it comes to a good performance and it can be a recommended option when looking to work with a design which needs no special adjustments to use, even for beginners. The 31-pound flywheel will prove to be one of the top options to use, especially since it manages to offer one of the best performances in terms of strength and cardiovascular workouts.
NordicTrack Grand Tour Pro
The Nordictrack Grand Tour Pro is one of the few bikes which come with an adjustable incline and which represents one of the best options to work with, specifically since it manages to offer a challenging performance. With 35 programs to choose from, it will manage to provide one of the interesting experiences in terms of good variation with different targets as it will offer groups of programs for different purposes.
- Incline design
- Included fan
- iFit compatibility
- Might not be the best for advanced trainees
The bike comes with an impressive design and a console which is easy to use. Even more, it will represent one of the best alternatives to some other options which are not able to offer an inclined performance. Even more, the bike will prove to be a great solution when it comes to a design which can handle intense daily workouts and this can even mean that you might use it together with other family members.
Phoenix 98623 Revolution Cycle Pro II
The Phoenix 98623 Revolution Cycle Pro II is a recommended option if you are looking for a heavy flywheel. With a weight of just under 40 pounds, its flywheel is one of the best solutions when it comes to a real challenge. With a modern frame and a two-way pedaling system which allows you to pedal forward and backward, it will represent a great option for beginners.
- 5-pound flywheel
- 2-way pedaling
- Heavy duty brake
- Needs more digital technologies
The trainer proves to be an interesting solution when it comes to training at home. Since it will come with a simplistic design, it will be a good option for beginners. At the same time, it comes with the heavy flywheel and will represent a positive alternative to some of the entry-level options on the market.
Bladez Fitness Master GS Indoor Cycle Trainer
The Bladez Fitness Master GS Indoor Cycle Trainer is one of the easy to use affordable options. It comes with a solid frame and a sleek design which recommends it for all home users. The cycle trainer will offer good adjustability and for this purpose, you will be able to use the two-way seat to find the right riding position which should considerably improve your experience while cycling.
- Tracks time
- Durable design
- Adjustable seat
- Lacks pulse sensors
The bike thus represents a simple and efficient option which can be at the base of your daily training. With one of the more affordable options from the list, you might expect a minimal durability but the cycle trainer will provide a good performance as it will hold users of up to 300 pounds with its durable frame.
Our Top Recommended Pick
When it comes to the best spin bikes, you will have a few good options to choose from. Their durability and challenge level will prove essential when it comes to a future-proof choice. This is why it is always worth to consider the type of spin bikes which can stimulate you to cycle every day.
This is why the Keiser M3i Indoor Cycle (CHECK BEST PRICE HERE) will prove to be the best option. With a modern design which doesn’t require too much space in your home, the compact spin bike will come with a 4-way handlebar for a great grip during different stages of cycling. It will even work as a great solution when it comes to tracking the performance. You will thus be able to see your heart rate and have a clear interpretation of your effort. With a durable frame, it will prove to be a great option for added durability. Since many users might not feel secure with such a compact design, the spin bike will also prove to be a durable option which also comes with durable transportation wheels as well.
Spin Bike – A Good One Can Do Wonders!
Life can be very demanding indeed! You have to fulfill the expectations of your boss, your colleagues, your family, and yourself almost every day. This can prove to be very tiring on your mind and body at the same time. If you do not follow a definite daily routine and exercise regularly, your body may soon cease to function as smoothly as before. In this modern era, it is very difficult to find time to visit a nearby gym on a daily basis. The best alternative is exercising at home. Several exercising machines are available, which can help you work out at home every day. One of the highly popular ones is the spin bike. These are available in different shapes and come with varied features.
Advantages of Using a Spin Bike
Most of you must be wondering, out of so many exercising machines why use the spin bike. Well, if you have never tried it, you may never understand the benefits of using one at home. Here are some of the benefits of using a spin bike in the comfort of your home.
- Improve Your Cardiovascular Fitness: Have you ever tried cycling in your neighborhood? Using a spin bike is just the same. The only difference is in this case you are cycling at home. Cycling on a daily basis can improve your overall cardiovascular fitness. It makes your heart, vascular systems, and lungs stronger. This results in efficient circulation of oxygenated blood throughout the body. With this, this will help improve your energy and endurance levels.
- Burn All The Unwanted Body Fat And Calories With Ease: It has been observed that exercising on a spin bike for around 40 minutes can burn anything between 400 to 600 calories. Obviously, this varies from person to person. Again, several other factors also determine this fact, such as your body weight, as well as, the effort you put in and the resistance level you set for yourself. It can be safely said that if you use your spin bike for 2 sessions of 40 minutes each, you can easily lose around 1 pound of body weight without starting any diet plan.
- A suitable form of exercise for everyone: Using a spin bike does not put a lot of pressure on your body joints. There are many people who injure themselves while doing heavy exercises and cannot carry weights in a gym. Indoor cycling is best suited for them. On the contrary, the smooth and repeated action of cycling will eventually strengthen your hips and knees. It avoids excessive stretching of muscles which may lead to serious muscles tears or sprains.
- Make Your Core And Legs Stronger: Are your legs weaker than the rest of your body? Do you often feel a piercing or numbing sensation on your legs if you stand or walk for long hours? Using a spin bike at home can cure this problem once and for all. It helps tone up your core and leg muscles. However, it is important for you to remember that the resistance levels should be increased with time in order to get better results.
- Can Be Done By People From Various Fitness Levels: Even if you are an old person or a very young one, using a spin bike is suitable for everyone. You can pedal slowly or faster depending on your fitness levels and age.
Factors to Consider While Shopping For a Spin Bike
If you visit a few sports stores or online shopping sites, you will come to know that there are various types of spin bikes available in the market. Blindly choosing one for use at home will not be a good idea. There are several factors to keep in your head while shopping for the right bike. Here are some of the points discussed for your knowledge.
- Weight of The Flywheel: One of the key parts of a spin bike is the flywheel. This is the big round wheel located either in front or at the rear of a spin bike, depending upon the model. As you pedal with your legs, this wheel rotates in motion. The more effort you put in pedaling, the faster the wheel will rotate. While shopping, look for a bike with a bigger flywheel. The bigger it is, the smoother will be its motion.
- Price of The Bike: It is needless to say that not all spin bikes come with the same price tag. Depending upon a number of factors, the prices of these bikes vary differ. When you decide to shop for a spin bike for your home use, always choose one which fits your pocket and, at the same time, comes with most of the feature you were looking for in a bike. If you going to use such a bike for the first time, opting for a cheaper one will be a good idea. Experts should go for sturdier ones with more features. Obviously, these will cost higher than others.
- Resistance of The Spin Bike: When it comes to the resistance of a spin bike, there are basically 4 types. These are resistance from cable systems, manual screws, electromagnetic, and electro magnet. Resistance from cables are only seen in cheaper spin bikes, which are usually used at homes. Electronic magnet bikes come with a motor which moves the magnet towards and away from the flywheel. It provides information about the resistance levels applied and change the programs. This is basically seen in high end bikes and are usually recommended even if you are a novice.
- Adjustability Factor: Not every person is of the same height and build. This is why it is also important that you consider the adjustability factor of the seat and the handlebars of the spin bike you are planning to purchase. This is especially beneficial if your family members are also planning to use it for their exercising routines.
- The Frame of The Bike: When you decide to buy a spin bike, make sure to buy one which has a solid frame. If you are going to purchase one over the internet, you may find it difficult to distinguish whether a chosen spin bike has a sturdy frame or not. You may always visit a store to check the specifications and then buy it online.
Steps To Help You Understand How to Use Your New Spin Bike
You may think that using a spin bike is a very easy task. All you need to do is sit on the seat and pedal away for as long as you can. However, it is not as simple as you may think. Here are step by step analysis of how to go about using your new spin bike.
- Position of The Bike In Terms Of Riding: Just by looking at your bike will not help you determine whether the position of the handle bars and the seat will help you enjoy the exercise routine. You have to sit on it and then decide for yourself whether you are comfortable or not. Most of the spin bikes do come with adjustable seats and handlebars. Changing the seat angle, as well as, the height will help you get to a comfortable position.
- Pedal Adjustment: After sitting on the seat, place both your legs on the pedals. The widest part of your feet are the central portions. Align this part of your feet at the center of the pedals. This will give you a comfortable and efficient ride. Once this is done, tighten the belt around your feet to ensure that they do not slip while the pedals are in motion.
- Adjust The Height Of The Seat: In order to be safe and comfortable while using your spin bike, it is important that you adjust the height of your seat. It is important to note that the top of the seat should be of the same height as your hip-bone with your knees bent at an angle of around 25-35 degrees. Tighten the seat knobs once the adjustment is completed.
- Seat Angle Adjustments: Sit on the seat with both your hands on the handlebars and your legs on the pedals. Check to see whether your knee is in proportion to both your legs. You may also pull the seat forward or push it back as per your comfort level.
- Adjust the Handles: If the handlebars are not at a comfortable position, it may cause severe back aches or neck pains. This is why it is also important that you adjust the handlebars in order to enjoy your spin bike sessions.
Spin Bike Maintenance
Just like any other machine, even your spin bike requires periodic maintenance. Without which, it may cease to run smoothly. Here are some tips on how to maintain your bike.
- Wipe the Bike after Use: First things first, after every use you should wipe your bike properly with a dry rag. When you work out, you perspire. This drips on various parts of your bike. The salt present in the perspiration can corrode various parts of your bike. It may also stop the lubricants from making your bike smooth when on motion. With time, if you do not take proper care of your bike, it can also cause serious injuries in the future. Thus, wiping various parts of your bike with a dry piece of cloth after every use is a good idea.
- Clean You Bike Periodically: This is equally important to ensure that your bike runs smoothly for a long time. If you indeed use your bike sincerely several days a week, then periodical deep-clean is very crucial. Remove the cowlings and wash every part with a good quality de-greaser. Then lubricate every moving part properly at least once every month.
- Tighten Loose Screws: Performing this once a twice a week should be a good thing to do in order to avoid any accidents. Upon regular use, several screws may get loose. Ignoring them may cause serious injuries. This is why, it is better to tighten them once or twice a week.
- Use a Brush to Clean the Chain: Many people are seen using a towel and soap to clear the chains of their spin bikes. This should be avoided at all costs. Using such cleaning materials may harm the chain. It is better to use a brush to get rid of any debris in the chain.
- Authorized Technician Is The Best: If you ever notice something wrong with your spin bike, do not try to fix it on your own. Always seek the help of a professional and certified technician. He will be able to help you in the best possible manner.
There are several manufacturers of spin bikes. Although all of them make the same type of products, their levels of reputation is not the same. If you check a few online websites, you will come to know that their products may also differ to some extent. Most of you must be wondering where to shop for a good quality spin bike. Shopping from physical stores is a good option. You can check the quality of different bikes and also get to compare their features and prices. However, when it comes to discounts, physical stores may not provide a good deal. In such matters, online shopping sites scores above their counterparts. You will get great discounts and offers online. However, when it comes to physically checking the quality of a spin bike, it is not possible on the websites.
Are you still a bit skeptical about purchasing a good spin bike? You may discus with a trainer to get some guidance as to which model to choose. However, choosing a spin bike is solely dependent upon your experience. If it is the first time, then opting for a bike which is not too rich in features will be a good bet. Whichever one you choose, always ensure that you take your time to make the right choice. One wrong move and it may result in a waste of money.