Best Punching Bag For Kids 2018
Boxing is generally associated with adults. You will find adult boxers competing with each other on television. However, this sport is also open for kids. There are many of you who will say that any type of punching sport is not suitable for kids and may prove to be dangerous. On the contrary, it is seen that boxing and similar punching sports are beneficial for them.
Kids undergo emotional changes and often find it difficult to handle such sudden changes in emotions. When angry or frustrated, kids and adolescents also undergo stress. During such times they either punch at other kids or punch walls and pillows to vent out their emotions. However, if they are given a punching bag instead, they can easily use it to punch out their frustrations. This will help them manage their emotions in a better way. So, here we take a look at the Best Punching Bag for Kids options on the market today.
What All Factors to Consider While Shopping For a Punching Bag for Kids?
Buying a new punching bag for kids may not seem as simple as it sounds. There are several factors to keep in mind while shopping for the best punching bag for the little ones.
- Size: One of the prime factors to keep in mind while shopping for the best punching bag for your kid is the weight and size. It is needless to say that most of the accidents take place when kids use a heavy bag to punch. At the same time, choosing a very light bag is also dangerous since it may swing back and hit the kid. The best thing to do is to choose a bag which is approximately half the weight of your child.
- Design: Sometimes you may be forced to choose a punching bag which is shaped like your kid’s favorite superhero. However, using such a bag may not go well with your child. The best option here is to choose one with the face of an arch villain of your kid’s superhero. He will feel the natural urge to strike at the bag with full force.
- Material: When it comes to choosing a punching bag that lasts for a long time, you may either choose one made out of vinyl or leather. Those made with leather provide a comfortable and natural feel. However, these come with a heavy price tag. On the other hand, those made with vinyl are cheaper and these do not crack or tear that easily. Waterproof ones are useful to be used outdoors.
- Gloves: When it comes to kids punching at a boxing bag, gloves are a must. These help prevent your kids from suffering from swollen knuckles. Punching at a boxing bag without gloves may also cause bleeding after a few hard punches. Gloves should also be made of a durable material so that these do not rip. A thick layer of foam inside will be an added benefit for the protection of the knuckles.
- Price: Whatever you decide to buy, the price plays a major role in helping you decide upon the right product. This is also true when it comes to purchasing a punching bag for your kid. Do not make the mistake of buying a cheap bag. Always opt for one which is a great value for money. Check for the benefits and whether it comes with the features you wish to have in the bag.
Top 5 Punching Bags for Kids
Most of you may find it a bit tough to choose the right punching bag for your little one. to make matters simpler for you, here are 5 of the best punching bags especially designed to be used by kids.
Pure Boxing Tough Guy Kids Punching Bag
This bag has been designed to take on any type of punch from your kid. However, your kid needs to remember that it jumps right back at you after each punch. This is a 56 inch tall inflatable punching bag and designed to look like a tough guy who means business. This product is made of vinyl and is ideal for your kid to get his daily dose of workout. Regular use of this bag can also help your kid improve his hand eye coordination and witness a boost in the stamina level. You may fill up the base with either sand or water. It is better to fill it up with sand since it will provide better stability to the structure.
- It is made of vinyl and is designed to last for a long time.
- It can easily take on the hardest of punches from kids.
- It is best suited to give your kid his much needed exercises to build stamina and develop hand eye coordination.
- Holes appear after a few uses rendering it useless.
Liberty Imports Sports Boxing Punching Bag
This punching bag for kids has a great design and the punching bag stands on a rock solid stand. This stand comes with an elastic spring that lets it get back in place after each punch. In order to prevent it from toppling over, you can easily weigh it down with either sand or water. The height of the stand can easily be adjusted from 30 inches to 43 inches. This makes it highly convenient to be used by many kids at the same time. The best part about this boxing bag is that it comes with 2 boxing gloves and is designed to help your kid improve his agility, coordination, and training skills.
- The boxing gloves included with the boxing bag stand helps your kid enjoy a realistic boxing experience.
- These gloves can easily be hanged on the boxing stand.
- It is ideally suited for users with limited space.
- You need a pump to inflate the boxing speed bag, which is something you need to buy separately.
- If punched with excessive force, the stand can break rather easily.
Ringside Youth Kids Boxing Kit Training Bag
If you wish your kid to be a boxing champion of tomorrow, then this boxing kit for kids is the right choice. It includes a boxing bag, gloves and headgear that is basically everything you need train your kid to be the next boxing champion. It is designed for kids between the age group of 2 to 5 years. The punching bag weighs 2 pounds and has a size of 17 inches long by 5 inches diameter. This product is available in a wide variety of colors. The entire kit is made of top class product that makes it highly durable.
- This kit contains everything your kind will need to practice boxing.
- Unlike many boxing bags for kids, this is a hanging product, so you need not worry about tripping over the bag.
- It may be a bit smaller than you may expect it to be.
- The height is not adjustable. Sometimes you may have to lower the mounting point for the convenience of your kid.
Tech Tools Punching Ball with Stand and Gloves
The stand of this product comes with a spring system that makes the stand come back at you after punching it. It is designed to help your kid get a great cardio workout and also enjoy hours of entertainment. It also helps to build timing and speed and improve your hand eye coordination.
You get a pair of boxing gloves along with the stand. Thus, no need to spend on a separate pair of boxing gloves. Assembly of the stand takes hardly a few minutes and you just need to inflate the ball to start punching it. This punching ball kit comes with a height adjustment feature that ranges from 35 inches to 50 inches, which makes it suitable for kids above the age of 66 years and also for adults.
- The availability of gloves with the stand helps kids enjoy their boxing experience without hurting themselves.
- You can also hang the gloves on the stand which prevents the possibilities of losing them.
- Even if you have a space crunch at home, you can still use it properly.
- You need a pump to inflate the boxing bag, which needs to be purchased separately.
- Boxing at excessive forces can lead to a damaged stand.
Kid Kick Wavemaster
Probably the best suited for kids boxing, the Kid Kick Wavemaster is a great choice for all types of martial arts such as karate and kickboxing, as well as, boxing. The low profile base needs to be filled with either sand or water and the entire unit weighs approximately 170 pounds when fully filled. The product also comes with height adjustment features and has a high impact inner foam that absorbs all types of kicks and strikes with ease. The entire product is made of nylon.
- The base prevents the entire structure from toppling over even when kicked by a kid at full force.
- Freestanding with a rounded base, making it very simple to move it around.
- Makes an annoying sound when made to roll
- May be expensive for some parents.
The clear winner in the Punching Bag For Kids category is the Kid Kick Wavemaster (CHECK BEST PRICE HERE). The design of the product makes it suitable for kids practicing karate, kickboxing, and boxing at the same time. It is made of nylon which lasts for a long time and comes with 4 different height and weight adjustments.