Best Heavy Bag Stand for 2018
Leading a healthy life is important if you wish to stay out of the clutches of various types of dangerous health risks. Many people prefer to go to the gym in order to work out and stay healthy. On the other hand, there are still some people who prefer to exercise from the comfort of their homes.
Whichever category you fall in, it is important to exercise regularly and stay fit. There are several ways you can exercise to get rid of excess fat, stay fit, and stay far away from diseases. You can use various types of exercise machines such as elliptical trainers, rowers, vertical climbers, treadmills, and exercise bikes.
At the same time, you may also use a punching bag at home. Such a bag can work in 2 primary ways for you. You can use it regularly to exercise your upper torso and also use it to punch away your anger or frustration after a tough day at work. If don’t have a good place to hang your heavy bag you may need to get a Punching Bag Stand.
What Is A Punching Bag (aka Heavy Bag)?
You must have watched several movies which involve boxers such as the Rocky series. In such movies you must have seen actors punching at a big and heavy bag hanging from a height. This bag is known as the punching bag. These bags are quite sturdy and designed in such a way that it can easily take repeated punches from you.
These bags are most often found to be cylindrical in shape and filled with different materials to get the desired hardness. These materials may include tightly packed rolled up garbage bags, mattress foam, rice, wool, sand, cotton, and shredded tires, to name a few. The outer layer of a punching bag is also made of different types of materials primarily dependent upon the type of punching bag you use.
What Is A Boxing Bag Stand?
In order to allow you to box relentlessly at a boxing bag, it needs to be fixed at a height so that the bag is at eye level to you. Some prefer to hang it from the ceiling. On the other hand, there are some users who prefer to use a boxing bag stand.
These stands are tall and designed in such a way that it can let a heavy punching bag hang without tripping over. At the same time, these stands also allow you to box at the bag without worrying about the entire structure falling over. This is possible due to the heavy base of the stand. Without this heavy base, the stand would easily trip over and may cause an accident.
Boxing Bag Stands or Wall Brackets?
In order to hang a heavy and large sized bag, you need proper durability and stability. Without these 2 factors, a boxing bag stand is as good as useless. Unfortunately, there are some stands which fail in these 2 criteria.
It is true that a boxing bag stand is more expensive than wall brackets, their quality is also inconsistent, and they are way bigger than a wall bracket. In spite of all these points, it is seen that a boxing bag stand scores more than a wall bracket in terms of popularity. Here are some reasons to support this statement.
- No Need to Mount: Weak walls and ceilings are a major concern in most of the homes. In such cases, using a wall bracket will be a very bad idea. Especially one which is going to accommodate a heavy boxing bag. On the other hand, a boxing bag stand allows you to hang a big and heavy boxing bag without worrying about the wall or the ceiling caving in. However, it is important for you to ensure that the boxing bag stand is of a good quality.
- Hanging Multiple Boing Bags Is Possible: One single boxing bag is pretty big and heavy. If you plan to hang more than one on the same wall bracket that would naturally make the bracket collapse under the heavy weight. However, there are some boxing bag stands, which are designed in such a way that they can easily accommodate more than one boxing bag at a time. Although such a stand will naturally eat up more space, it will relieve you from having to hang multiple wall brackets on the same wall or ceiling.
Designing a boxing bag stand is not a simple task let alone to be consider the Best Punching Bag Stand. Such a stand has to withstand the strong forces of the powerful punches of a boxer. Punching a bag forcefully will naturally make it swing uncontrollably. Well positioned stand legs, a strong and sturdy frame, and proper alignment of the beams are important factors to keep in mind while designing a boxing bag stand. Not to mention suitable weights to weigh down the forces and swings of the bags.
Top 5 Punching Bag Stands
If you take a look at the varieties of punching bag stands available at stores, you will easily get confused as to which ones to choose and which ones to avoid. Just like any other workout equipment, you need proper knowledge to select the right punching bag stand. Here are 5 of the best punching bag stands available in the market.
GoPlus 2 in 1 Punching Bag Stand
GoPlus, one of the largest manufacturers of workout machines and equipment, also has a large variety of punching bag stands for its customers. One of the best is the GoPlus 2 in 1 Punching Bag Stand. The entire structure is made of rectangular shaped steel tubes which makes the stand highly durable and stable.
The weight capacity of the stand is 220 pounds and it also comes with height adjustment features. This will allow more than one user to use the same product by simply adjusting the height of the stand. The assembly of the punching bag stand is also very simple. All you need to do is follow the simple instructions to assemble the entire structure.
- The height adjustability feature is a plus point in this stand.
- You can easily hang a big sized punching bag and a speed bag at the same time.
- Assembling the stand may pose a problem for some users due to lack of proper labels on the stand parts.
- Some of the parts may get damaged after a few months of regular use.
Titan Fitness Dual Station Boxing Stand
As the name suggests, this boxing stand is also a 2 in 1 product. Made of powder-coated steel tubing, the entire structure is durable and stable. It can easily withstand a maximum weight of 100 pounds. The entire structure is ideally suited for use at various places such as your home, office, gym, and basement.
The 3 weight plate pegs ensure that the stand stands still even when you punch at the bags with full force. The product has been designed in such a way that it provides 2 training methods to let users maximize both power and speed. It is best suited for performing your daily workout routine and to target the core and upper portion of your body.
- The powder-coated steel tubing ensure that the structure does not get damaged easily.
- The 3 weight plate pegs holds the structure stable even when you hit at the bag with all your strength.
- Ideally suited for use in almost any place of your fancy.
- The assembly of the punching bag section is easy. However, assembling the speed bag section is difficult.
- Assembling instructions may appear to be difficult to understand for some users.
Everlast Heavy Bag Stand
Another major name in the world of boxing equipment is Everlast. This company has several types of boxing bag stands for its customers. One of the best is this product. Made out of powder-coated steel tubing, this entire structure is heavy duty and highly durable. It is designed to accommodate any punching bag up to a maximum weight of 100 pounds. Assembling the stand is also pretty simple and it comes with 3 weight plate pegs to provide the much needed stability to the frame while you punch at the bag.
- Assembling the stand is very simple even for a little child.
- Highly durable in nature.
- You will require to buy additional weight plates to ensure better stability to the structure as it has a tendency of tripping over if hit real hard.
Ringside Prime Free-Standing Station
The next on the list of the best boxing bag stands is the Ringside Prime Free-Standing Station. Whether you wish to use the punching bag for your aerobic workout or to practice your boxing, this stand will be by your side at all times.
It comes in a non-mounted hanging heavy bag design that lets you exercise wherever you wish. Whether at home or in office. The entire structure is made of durable steel and is designed to withstand even the hardest of hits from the strongest MMA professionals or boxers. It allows you an access of 180 degrees to the punching bag. Tis stand is highly stable and easy to assemble.
- Unlike most other punching bag stands, this product from Ringside does not take up much space.
- It is very simple to assemble and highly stable in nature.
- Some nuts and screws may appear to be useless when it comes to assembling the stand.
- Sidekicks to the bag may topple the stand.
Outslayer Muay Thai Heavy Bag Stand
The last in the list of 5 of the best boxing bag stands is the Outslayer Muay Thai Heavy Bag Stand. This stand comes with a 15 years warranty period and has a height of 7 feet and 8 inches.
It can easily let you hang a boxing bag of a maximum weight of 350 pounds. It comes with 4 unfilled sand bags to weight the stand down when you hit at the bag with full force.
All you need to do is fill up these bags and place them on the legs of the stand to ensure proper stability. Once filled, these bags will weight around 60 pounds each. It has 7 screws which is all you need to assemble the entire structure. The stand has been designed in such a way that it does not occupy a lot of space and is perfect to be used at home.
- It takes just 7 screws to assemble the entire structure.
- It has a maximum punching bag weight bearing capacity of 350 pounds.
- It is a tall stand that does not take up much space at home.
- Assembling the stand is not a one man job. You will require the help of another person or more than one person.
Choosing the best Heavy Bag Stand is certainly not an easy task. You will need days to try and find out about some of the best and highly reputed products in this category. Out of the 5 discussed above, the clear winner amongst several users is the Outslayer Muay Thai Heavy Bag Stand (CHECK BEST PRICE HERE). When most of the boxing bag stands allow you to hang a bag weighing a maximum of 100 pounds, this stand lets you hang a bag of a maximum of 350 pounds.
This is certainly a good thing for professional boxers and MMA professionals who do not like to use a light weight punching bag. The entire structure is pretty tall, standing at 7 feet and 8 inches and is ideally suited for players around 6 feet. The unfilled sand bags to stabilize the stand is an added benefit for those of you who prefer to hit at a punching bag with all your strength.
However, some of you may still think that it could easily accommodate a speed bag so that you do not have to look for another stand or wall bracket for it. Nonetheless, it is a perfect product for boxing enthusiasts and fitness freaks of all stages. Comparatively, it is affordable and the long warranty period of 15 years is a sheer delight for most of the users.