Best Treadmill Under $600 for 2018
Treadmill is, without a doubt, one of the most popular home fitness devices. When you are beginner in the world of fitness or just decide to up your fitness game a notch, treadmill might be just the right place to start. Having one good quality treadmill in your home could help you accomplish your fitness goals, reach your ideal weight or keep your body in shape all the time.
There are a lot of treadmills out there in the market and it could be difficult to decide which one to start with. And also, it is always a good idea to keep in mind the price and value when buying the entry level device, so when you decide buy a treadmill there is more than just a few factors that you should consider.
To help you make the best decision we have created this article, showing you the Best Treadmill Under 600.
Why do you need a Treadmill?
Running is a very popular sport, probably because of the nature of the exercise with which every person is familiar with. Yes, it’s a fact, all you need for running is a pair of running shoes, but especially in the last decade, there is a lot of factors that can make this fact just a little bit difficult to comprehend.
Urban environments such as big cities might not be so hostile for runners especially with the traffic jams or polluted air. Weather conditions can have a big impact on the quality of the training. Rainy, snowy or windy outdoor conditions can really not compare with the comfort of your home, which only gives a treadmill one more virtue. Unlike running outside, treadmill does not take much time or preparation.
For example, when you decide to go for a walk or a quick run, you must separate the time to get to the track, get all the necessary equipment and, in the bad weather condition, multi-layer clothing. Treadmill requires only sneakers and your training time while even the clothes you run in doesn’t mater, as long as you feel comfortable.
On the other side, treadmill can benefit your health a lot. Walking and running on treadmill consumes a lot of calories, so a treadmill represents an excellent equipment for achieving a calorie deficit that is a prerequisite for losing excess pounds. It also has a positive effect on your cardiovascular system, improves bone construction while reducing the burden on your joints.
Choosing a Treadmill
Considering that majority of entry level treadmills can be folded, treadmills do not need much space in house, but, nevertheless, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to think about the right spot for it in your house. A bit of space behind and in front of it always smart especially if it is intended for beginners, for easy access and nice an easy use. $600 would provide you with a good quality treadmill with a lot of features, and when buying one, these are some things you should keep in mind:
- Motor – A good and reliable motor with enough power to provide right speed and last long may be the most important thing to consider when choosing a treadmill
- Safety first – it is important that treadmill switches that will stop the track if you lose the tempo and start to slip off the track
- Treadmill display – It needs to be simple to use and easy to understand. It provides you with useful information about your running status: distance, time, lost calories.
- Quality of the track – track should be made of a durable and reliable material. It must be able to withstand a variety of workouts, and to endure trough miles and miles of running
- Sound – treadmills can produce a lot of noise, so choosing a right treadmill absolutely means choosing the one that is most comfortable for rest of the family.
- Cushioning – while running, your joints are exposed to a lot of stress. High quality treadmills offer cushioning systems that make quite a relief on your ankles, and make your training more enjoyable and reduces the resting time.
- Connectivity – music is a fun way to get through your day. It is an essential part of my day and in my opinion, it is an inseparable component from training. By connecting your phone, iPod, tablet or laptop to a treadmill, you can run or walk along with your favorite power songs or favorite podcast. Some manufactures also provide you with synchronized apps that help you be in track with your progress.
Top 5 Treadmills Under $600
There are a lot of treadmills you could get with $600 and it might be difficult to make the right choice. To break it down for you, we assembled this article, showing you 5 of the Best Treadmills Under $600.
AFG Sport 5.5AT Electric Folding Treadmill
If you want a sturdy frame, good construction treadmill AFG Sport 5.5.AT might be just the one you are looking for. Weight of this treadmill is 170 lbs which is great because, weight combined with rubberized stabilizers makes this treadmill extremely firm and stabile. It can support up to 300lbs. Do not think that it is hard to move it around! On the bottom of the deck, 2 wheels are located, making this treadmill very easy to move. Inside the deck lays a 2.5 HP motor allowing you to adjust the speed from 0.5 to 10 mph. Incline feature is easy to use with a maximum incline of 10%. Track on this treadmill features cushioning system that reduces stress on your joints up to 20%.
On the console is a LED display, pretty straight forward easy to use and understand. It displays time, distance, calorie counter, speed and level of incline. AFG Sport 5.5AT features 4 workout mods: Manual mode, Weight loss, Target Profiles and Intervals. Each of them except Manual Mode offers 10 levels of difficulty.
- Extremly stabile but easy to move
- Workout fan
- Audio – it is compatible with most of the mp3 platers and phones
- Rather simple LED display
- Doesn’t offer apps or workout tracking over time
ProForm Performance 400i Treadmill
Powered by 2.5 HP motor, on this treadmill you are able to develop a speed up to 10 mph. It features a QuickSpeed controls on board that allows you to quickly choose desired speed. With a click of a button you can adjust an incline from 0 to 10%, changing the intensity of your workout. This treadmill can support up to 300lbs, and has handle built-in sensors to monitor your heart rate while running. It also features cushioning system to provide a much pleasurable run To save more space this treadmill can be easily folded by lifting the deck up.
ProForm Performance 400i has a iFit Couch Ready app for your phone or tablet, which is great because it features variety of running programs. By downloading Google Maps rout, iFit automatically adjusts the speed and incline of the deck to make the overall feel of training more realistic and enjoyable.
On the top of the console is an tablet holder and connection ports so it is made easy to enjoy Google Maps routes and play music on 2-inch speakers built into the console. It also features 18 preset workout programs that you could choose from depending of your workout routine.
- 18 preset-workouts
- 10% power incline
- iFit App for coaching and tracking workouts
- iPod compatible with built in speakers
- No workout fan (unlike higher price ProForm treadmills)
- Warranty – This treadmill has a 25 years warranty on motor unlike treadmills in higher price range. Well, 25 years may be just enough for a treadmill, but it does say something about the overall quality of the motor
Sunny Health & Fitness T7643
Are you looking for something extremely useful but also easy to use, you should definitely consider this one! On the console you can find a backlit LED display that shows speed, distance and calories burned while training. This treadmill features quick speed buttons (1, 3, 5 mph) to adjust level of difficulty fast and easy.
All of the buttons are big which makes it very easy to see and press. On both sides are big cup holders and on the top is one of the largest tablet holders on the market that will firmly and securely hold even a 13 inch laptop. Simple and easy design may be the biggest virtue of this treadmill!
With 2,5 HP motor this treadmill can only develop speed up to 6mph. That is enough speed for fast walking or light jogging. It weights 143 lbs but it can easily support up to 350 lbs because of the strong frame and sturdy structure of the treadmill.
Nevertheless it is very easy to fold and save space while it is not in use. It features shock absorbing bumpers on the side of the track to improve training experience. Sunny Health & Fitness T7643 does not feature an incline and it isn’t compatible with mp3 players.
- Weight support up to 350 lbs
- It has big buttons and easy to use console
- Maximum speed is 6 mph
- Doesn’t have incline option
- Doesn’t have preset programs
- Doesn’t support mp3 or phone connection
SHAYIN Portable Folding Treadmill
Name says it all! This is a space saving treadmill, easy to fold and move around when not using it. Under the run board are two pneumatic shocks to make folding and unfolding treadmill easier. On the control board is a backlit LED display that helps you keep track of your distance, speed, and calorie loss.
This treadmill is compatible with mp3 players and phones, and via 2 stereo speakers you can play your power track while running or relaxing music while walking. Sturdy hand rails on the sides have heart rate sensors and buttons to control 3 levels of incline and speed while running. You can choose 12 different difficulty level programs or manually adjust desired speed and incline for your workout. Under the running track are 8 shock absorbing springs that support your body while running and help reduce noise.
With the 2 HP motor, this treadmill can develop up to 10 mph. However, after using this treadmill for about 45 minutes to 1 hour, it is recommended to let it rest for 15 minuets in order to cool the engine. In my opinion, this recommendation does sound a little bit unsettling, but on the other hand, after training for 1 hour, 15 minutes does sound great.
- 12 workout programs with different levels of difficulty
- 3 levels of incline to go to, up to 15%
- Audio compatibility featuring 2 stereo speakers on the console
- 2 HP motor that requires cooling after 40-60 minutes of training
- Weight support on this treadmill is only 250 lbs
- Doesn’t have a tablet holder
Monitoring your training, building desired workout and tracking your progress over time has never been made so good. This treadmill offers an G-Fir app for your smartphone that has the role of your personal trainer. Over this app you can schedule your trainings over the week and app will provide you with a workout plans and programs according to your body measurements, or you could plan it on your own and only let the app remind you when it is the time for a run. Wirelessly connect your smartphone to a treadmill and track you progress.
8,6 mph is maximum speed of this treadmill, made by the 2.5 HP motor inside. It does provide less speed than its competitors but there are good sides to it. This motor is extremely quiet, and combined with good cushioning that lower the noise of the track whilst running, it might be the perfect combinations for thin walls or complaining downstairs neighbors.
Incline on this treadmill has 2 levels, 3% and 5%, that are regulated manually, and it features safe fold and drop mechanism. On the big LED display at the console are plainly displayed time, distance, speed and calories, below them are buttons to control your treadmill.
- Wireless smartphone or tablet connection and G-Fit app with training programs
- Quiet motor and good cushioning system
- Incline levels are manually adjustable unlike other treadmills in that price range
There is a lot of useful fitness devices on the market but still, a treadmill holds a first place among fitness enthusiasts. In this article we showed you our top picks for the Best Treadmill Under $600.
Among these 5 treadmills, in our opinion, the best choice is ProForm Performance 400i (CHECK BEST PRICE HERE)! It is the greatest value for the price treadmill since it offers a variety of programs that combine speed and incline levels, steady running platform and well made, easy to use smartphone app with a lot of useful features that make training a great and fun experience.