Best Weight Gainer for Women in 2018
Women trying several ways to shed those extra pounds from their bodies is a very common sight. You will often find women spending hours at the gym or exercising at home just to shed those unwanted body fat.
However, did you know that there are women who would love to gain a few extra pounds? There are several situations wherein women prefer to gain some weight.
There are plus sized models who have to gain weight in order to retain their modeling contracts, there are would be mothers who have to gain weight in order to deliver a healthy baby, and there are some situations where a woman has to gain adequate amount of weight in order to get the visa to fly abroad to some countries in order to study or work.
In this guide we take a look at the Best Weight Gainer for Women.
Do You Really Have To Gain Weight?
It has been found out that on an average around 1.7% of the entire population of women in the United States are underweight. In order to get back to a healthy lifestyle you need to gain some weight. For a healthy female, the average BMI or body mass index should range from 18.5 to 24.9. Anything under this scale would result in you being termed as underweight.
If you find out that you fall in the underweight category, then the next step for you is to gain weight. This is possible if you consume more calories as compared to those you burn every day. Generally it is seen that 3500 calories is equal to a pound of weight. If you wish to gain weight, you will have to increase your intake of calories by almost 500 per day.
This will help you gain weight by almost a pound each week. However, do make sure that you add healthy pounds to your body instead of just fat.
What Do You Mean By Weight Gainers?
Most of the time you must have heard people opting to have proper weight gainers in order to gain some extra pounds. But what exactly are weight gainers? It is true that weight gainers are more often than not associated with professional bodybuilders.
Thankfully there is nothing to worry about since these health drinks will certainly not transform you into Rocky Balboa overnight. There is no doubt about the fact that weight gainers help you to increase your calorie intake gradually. This is basically a powder based health drink which you need to drink along with a well-balanced diet.
This will help you with progressive weight increase. Even if you struggle with your appetite, this liquid based drink should not be a major concern. These weight gainers usually have a calorie content of around 500 and contain protein and carbohydrates that help you build pure and lean muscles and not fat.
People Who Can Benefit From Weight Gainers
There are several categories of people who can gain a lot from regular intake of weight gainers. Some of them include the following.
- People Suffering From Health Issues: It is needless to say that illness can often lead to heavy weight loss. It is also true that with sudden weight loss you naturally feel less energized and weaker. The best option is to have a proper weight gainer that can help you get back your lost strength and muscle mass.
- Genetics: You will come across many people who have an ectomorphic body type. They usually have a slim-boned body frame and very little muscle and fat. These people generally have to struggle real hard in order to gain some body weight. If you also fall in the same category and wish to gain some weight then having a proper weight gainer will be a great option. It will help you get the curves you wanted all these years.
- Gym Bunnies: Weight gainers come with a great supply of protein. This also makes them a great post workout recovery shake. If you are more interested in building those well tones muscles, the having a weight gainer will help you a lot.
What Are The Benefits Of Weight Gainers?
Being underweight has its own share of health problems. You may hear say that thin people look more attractive than fat ones. However, it is also true that thin or underweight people have to suffer from several types of health issues due to a weak immune system and energy level. Here are some advantages for underweight people of having weight gainers regularly.
- Improve Your Quality Of Life: Being underweight means that you are either unconsciously or deliberately not eating a healthy and well-balanced diet. If you BMI or body mass index is below 20 then you need to gain weight. Being underweight means that your immune system is weak and incapable of fighting off infections. You will also feel sick and weak all the time. On the other hand, if you have a good quality weight gainer, it will help you get back your lost strength and boost your immune system.
- Enhanced Energy Levels at A Healthy Weight: If you fail to intake the bare minimum requirement of calories for your body to have the necessary energy levels, your body automatically saves energy to perform the most essential tasks such as blood flow. You will naturally feel tired and feel the need to rest every now and then. However, if you can have weight gainers every day, it will help your body gain weight and improve the energy levels, which will automatically improve your overall health conditions. It is also true that gaining weight can also help your brain function properly and help you think straight whenever needed.
- Improve Your Body Composition: If you exercise for long hours at the gym and deliberately reduce your regular intake of calories, your body will eventually get weak and you will fail to get that much desired strong and muscular physique you wanted. Calories act just like fuel for your body. If you exercise a lot without adequate amount of fuel, you will never succeed in your fitness goals. It is always better to have some sort of weight gainer to help your body get that much needed fuel to give you the type of results you wanted from your hard work at the gym. It is true that regular intake of calories does not just add weight but also gives you the required energy level you need to stay fit and strong.
Top 5 Weight Gainers for Women
Most of you may struggle real hard to find the best weight gainer for your body. There is also a possibility that some of you may fail miserably in your hunt for the best health drink. Thankful there is nothing to worry about in this matter. Here are 5 of the best weight gainers in the market that can help you gain weight in a proper manner.
Universal Nutrition Real Gains
This weight gainer, made by Universal Nutrition, comes with 602 calories per serving. It also has 53gm of protein and 84gm of carbs. If you are not able to achieve your weight target then this weight gainer can help you. It is ideally suited for those of you who lead an active life and it also tastes quite good. However, there have been cases where this drink has caused slight digestive issues which may pose a problem if you have a sensitive stomach.
- This weight gainer contains 10 minerals and vitamins.
- It contains 602 calories per serving along with 84gm carbs and 53gm protein.
- It is available in 10 different flavors.
- Can cause minor digestive problems for some users.
Muscle Milk Gainer Protein Powder
If you lose more weight than you put on then this weight gainer made by Muscle Milk will be a great option to try out. It comes with 650 calories per serving along with 32gm protein, and 109gm carbs. This product also contains 22 different vital minerals and vitamins. This makes it a great choice as a workout aid. The best part about this drink is that it is easy on your stomach, highly effective, and is quite affordable. However, there have been reports that the powder does not mix that well and the taste is also not that pleasing.
- It is a gluten free weight gainer.
- Per serving of the drink contains 109gm carbs, 650 calories, and 32gm protein.
- It also contains 22 different vitamins and minerals.
- Per pack allows 14 servings.
- It tends to cause a problem when you try to mix it.
- The taste isn’t that good.
MRM All Natural Gainer
This is basically an all-natural gainer from the house of MRM. It comes with 500 calories per serving, 35gm protein, and 63gm carbs. This weight gainer also has 17 different essential vitamins and minerals. If you suffer from a poor appetite, then this weight gainer will help you gain those lost pounds with ease. If you prefer to have a product which lacks any type of synthetic ingredients, then you will like this weight gainer since it is made with 100% natural ingredients. The price tag is also affordable for all users. However, some have complained that this drink failed to help them gain weight.
- This weight gainer from MRM comes with 500 calories per serving along with 63gm carbs and 35gm protein.
- It provides 18 servings per pack.
- It also contains 17 types of minerals and vitamins.
- It is free from any type of artificial flavors or sweeteners.
- It is gluten free and comes with a pocket-friendly price tag.
- The result may not be as expected for some users.
Natures Best Isopure Mass
This weight gainer product made by Natures Best provides 600 calories per serving, as well as, 86gm carbs and 53gm protein. The protein is 100% whey protein and it also contains 24 different essential minerals and vitamins. This health drink is gluten and lactose free and can easily be mixed with both milk and water. Even if you have some sort of intolerances, you will find drink quite appealing. The taste of this product is pleasing to the tongue and it is certainly not loaded with sugar. However, per serving means six scoops of the product which means that you have to order it often.
- Natures Best Isopure Mass comes with 53gm protein, 600 calories, and 86gm carbs per serving.
- It also contains 24 different minerals and vitamins.
- It is completely lactose and gluten free and comes in 2 different flavors.
- The supply is rather small which means that you will have to order the drink more often than not.
Optimum Nutrition Pro Gainer Protein Powder
Optimum Nutrition, one of the most popular manufacturer of various types of health drinks, also has its weight gainer named as Pro Gainer Protein Powder. Per serving of this product provides 650 calories, 85gm carbs, and 60gm protein. It also contains 26 essential minerals and vitamins. Whether you wish to have a post workout recovery shake or simply a nutrition rich additional meal, this health drink will be a great choice. However, for some users, the price may prove to be a major hindrance in using it.
- Per serving of this weight gainer provides 650 calories along with 60gm protein and 85gm carbs.
- It also provides 26 different vitamins and minerals useful for your body.
- It is available in 4 different flavors.
- Each pack provides 28 servings.
- It is a bit on the costlier side.
It is needless to say that you will come across various types of Weight Gainer for Women products in the market. However, the ones discussed above are the top of the list. Nonetheless, the best amongst the top 5 is the Optimum Nutrition’s Pro Gainer Protein Powder (CHECK BEST PRICE HERE). It has equal proportions of calories, protein, and carbs and provides an adequate number of servings per pack. This is one of the best weight gainers when it comes to increasing your intake in an effective manner. You can also expect an overall boost to your health due to the presence of 26 different vital vitamins and minerals.