You must have seen people pedaling away furiously on a simple upright bike, which involves just the movement of the legs. However, have you ever seen a person working out on an upright bike, wherein both the upper and lower body parts move at the same time? The Schwinn Airdyne is an upright bike which falls in the latter category. The resistance of the bike comes from a fan wheel. It is so designed that the harder you pedal the more resistance you have to face. With the help of the Schwinn Airdyne you can exercise either your upper and lower body parts or both at the same time.
Who Should Use The Schwinn Airdyne To Get The Most Benefit?
Firstly, you should understand that the Schwinn Airdyne Bike is a cardio machine. It is especially designed for people, who wish to get back in shape, tone their body muscles, and also looking for some high intensity intervals in between heavy workout routines. You will get the best possible results from the Schwinn Airdyne Exercise Bike if your primary aim is aerobic exercise.
Although using the Schwinn Airdyne Stationary Bicycle is not a substitute for weight training workouts, nonetheless, you may expect slight muscle gains in certain parts of the body. However, you may expect great muscle toning in various areas of your body such as the shoulders, chest, forearms, triceps, biceps, and lats.
The Schwinn Airdyne Exercise Bike is an ideal machine for almost every person. Even if you have a limb missing, you can still use the machine and gain a lot from it. However, short people and kids may not be able to use the Schwinn Airdyne, simply because their legs may not reach the pedals.
Some of the Best Schwinn Airdyne Bikes
Schwinn Airdyne AD Pro
When it comes to Schwinn Airdyne bikes, you will find the Schwinn Airdyne Pro to your liking. The machine is quite durable in nature and has been designed to make it look quite elegant and sleek. Some of the features of the machine have been mentioned below.
- The Schwinn Airdyne AD Pro provides a very challenging workout which you can easily perform in a very comfortable manner, thanks to the padded seat.
- The LCD console of the machine displays several data such as calories, distance, time, speed, and pulse.
- It has 9 preset programs, which have been categorized as target goals and intervals.
- It can sustain a maximum weight of 350 pounds or 160 kg.
Schwinn Airdyne AD6
Another popular Schwinn Airdyne model is the AD6. Although it looks more or less like the AD Pro, the Schwinn Airdyne AD6 has several additional features and benefits for a user.
- First things first, the motor of the AD6 is quieter than others and makes almost nil noise while in use.
- It comes with the BioSynch linkage system to allow you to work out safely.
- The console of the AD6 is also newly designed and provides continuous data about your workout. Some of the information you will get on it are distance, time, power, calories, and pulse.
- It comes with transport wheels, which will allow you to move the bike to different locations as per your requirement.
- The Schwinn Airdyne AD6 also has a water bottle holder for your convenience.
- It has a maximum weight capacity of 300 pounds or 136 kg.
Schwinn Airdyne AD2
Suitable for both professionals and first timers, the Schwinn Airdyne AD2 also packs in some great features for your benefit.
- This model comes with a specially designed air-flow duct which provides a cooling effect while you work out.
- It comes with transport wheels so that you move the machine to any location of your choice.
- The LCD console of the Schwinn Airdyne AD2 display various data about your exercise routine such as calories burnt, distance covered, time taken, and speed.
- The Schwinn Airdyne AD2 has a maximum weight capacity of 250 pounds of 113 kg.
Should You Use The Schwinn Airdyne At Home?
First of all, the results you get from the Schwinn Airdyne is entirely based upon your personal effort during your workout routines. As discussed above, the resistance of the machine increases if you try to pedal faster with greater force. If you are one of them who often give up very easily, then t is better not to choose a Schwinn Airdyne for your personal use.
However, if you think about the cost of the machine and its worth in helping you get back in shape, then buying a Schwinn Airdyne for your home will be a good choice. You can easily lose unwanted body fat and tone up various major muscle groups of your body with regular exercises. The machine is also durable and can easily last for quite a long time.
Although people associate noise with a Schwinn Airdyne, there are several models from the same company which practically make no noise. You can easily use one at home without disturbing others, even while they are sleeping. In other words, it can be said that opting for a Schwinn Airdyne is a good idea for your personal use. However, you need to think twice if you are going to use it just occasionally every week or month.
How to Work out On a Schwinn Airdyne?
Most of you may be wondering about the right way to exercise on a Schwinn Airdyne. Basically, exercising on such an upright bike is nothing difficult. You will find movable handles to hold onto, while you work out, and pedals for your feet. The pedals and handles are connected to each other. With the help of a Schwinn Airdyne you can work out either your upper and lower bodies or any one of the two.
You need to either push the handles with your hands or push them. This has to be done as you pedal. If you do so, you actually work out both your lower and upper bodies. The harder you pedal the greater will be the resistance levels. If you feel tired then you may lower the force with which you pedal and push/pull the handles. Working out on the Schwinn Airdyne provides a great form of cardio exercise. In a way you can save your time which you spend on doing cardio exercises on other machines.
Is It A Good Choice For A Fitness Club?
When you speak about cardio machines at any fitness club, you will generally find those which attract the eyes of the users. Usually these machines seldom prove to be effective cardio machines. To cut it short, if you place a Schwinn Airdyne at any fitness club, it will most probably collect dust due to people not using it. This is why it is always better to choose the Schwinn Airdyne for home or personal use.
Facilities of Having an Effective Cardio Machine At Home
There are several facilities of having a personal cardio machine at home. Some of these benefits have been discussed below.
- You can easily workout during your leisure time. If you could not go to your fitness club all these days due to shortage of time, then working out at home will be a good alternative to take good care of your health.
- You do not have to spend large sums of money at gym memberships. You can simply buy a Schwinn Airdyne and all your family members can use it whenever they feel like. Thus, you get a better chance of saving your hard earned money.
- With a useful Schwinn Airdyne at home, you can easily get the much needed cardio at the comfort of your own house. This way you can take good care of your health and also do not have to take out time from your busy schedule to go to the gym.
- With a Schwinn Airdyne at home, you can multitask. If you have some urgent official task pending then you can also do so while exercising or in between breaks.
Factors to Think About While Choosing a Schwinn Airdyne
If it is the first time for you to buy an exercise machine for your personal use, then it is important that you consider certain factors before you decide to buy a Schwinn Airdyne.
- A Schwinn Airdyne takes up a fair amount of space in any room. This is why always choose a certain spot at home where you may safely place the machine and also use it without any hindrance.
- Some of the Schwinn Airdyne models may make some noise when being used. You better ask other members at home whether they have any problems to such noises before making the purchase. You may either go for the higher models, which are comparatively quieter, or choose a spot at home which is quite far from other busy spots.
Always take your time before you choose a suitable Schwinn Airdyne model. Use it every day and you will soon notice a visible improvement in your overall physique and health from the Schwinn Airdyne Workout.