Finding the Best Rower for Your Home Gym
Rowing Machines provide a great full-body workout but how do you choose which rower is right for you. With all the options out there you can get overwhelmed trying to find the best rowing machine for your home fitness use. Below you will find our top 3 picks to help your search. We understand the best models may be out of some people’s comfort zone in terms of price, so we also created a top 3 budget-friendly list of indoor rowing machines.
Top 3 Rowing Machines
Top 3 Budget-Friendly Rowing Machines
Follow these links to see the full reviews for each of the Top 6 Rowing Machines listed above:
How many of you wish to stay fit and strong for the rest of your lives? The answer will probably be all of you. Obesity not just makes a person look ugly, it also acts as the main reason behind several health issues, such as heart illness and diabetes. Some prefer to go for regular and mild exercises at home, whereas, some opt for heavy training at gyms. Have you ever been inside a modern day gym? You must have noticed several types of machines being used by people in order to exercise. One of the most commonly used machine is the rowing machine. The concept of this machine is similar to rowing a boat. It helps tone your thigh, arm, stomach, and back muscles.
Have a budget you are looking to stay within? Check out the pages below to find the Top 5 Rowers in that price point:
5 Commonly Made Errors Best Avoided While Rowing
When it comes to working out on a machine, you have to follow several rules. Similar is the case with a rowing machine. Although, you may love to spend some time on this machine, if not done the right way, it may soon harm your body more than you can ever imagine. Here are 5 of the most common mistakes which should be avoided at all cost while rowing:
- Do Not Hunch Back While Stroking: Many people make the mistake of hunching back during a stroke. It is always important to note that your back stays straight and your chest out when you use a rowing machine. One wrong posture can injure your lower and upper back.
- Row the Correct Way: Before you start using a rowing machine, it is good to discuss the technique of using it with a trainer. Rowing requires you to use the different parts of your body in a simultaneous manner. The proper manner of rowing is push with both your legs, pull your body back, and then pull the handle with your arms. Remember to put your body in a slight backward leaning position in the second stage.
- Avoid Jerking Your Body In Order To Complete A Row: Many people jerk their bodies in an attempt to complete a row. This is usually the case when you do not adjust the resistance before you start your rowing exercise. Jerking your body may result in injuring your back and this may even be of a critical nature.
- Use Your Lower Body: Rowing involves using almost 60% of your lower body. You need to push with your legs and the rest will be done by the upper torso.
- Check the Damper Settings: Start off with a low resistance setting. Warming up before the real exercise is always better in order to tone your muscles. Get the seating position and the posture right before you work out with higher resistance. This is one of the most commonly made errors by people. They start off with a greater resistance and end up getting injured.
Types of Rowing Machines
Based upon the way resistance is generated and the intensity of it, there are 4 basic types of rowing machines in the market.
- Air Resistance: Experts believe that this is one of the best technologies available in the stores at present. The moment you pull the handle of this machine, the flywheel spins to build up resistance, which is in the form of wind. The intensity of this resistance happens to be directly proportional to the force applied. This makes it a popular choice amongst people who are new to the rowing machines.
- Piston Resistance: This is generally seen in low end machines and are quite suitable if you are on a tight budget. In these types of rowing machines, pistons are used to generate resistance and prove to be useful if you are looking to exercise your upper body.
- Water Resistance: Are you a professional rower? If you are, then these types of rowing machines should be best suited for you. These machines generate resistance and friction which would seem quite similar to what you experience when you are actually rowing in water.
- Magnetic Resistance: These types of rowing machines use electromagnets to build resistance. However, this resistance is not great enough to provide you with a proper exercise. This is why magnetic resistance rowing machines are the cheapest in the market.
Understand the Concept behind Designing a Rowing Machine
A rowing machine basically comes with a connecting cable which connects the handle with the damper. The foot stretcher and the flywheel are the stationary parts of the machine. The motion of a person is handled by a seat which slides forward and backward. This is also known as the Fixed Head ergometer. In other models, the foot stretcher and the seat move at the same time. This is known as Floating Head ergometer.
Find Out About the Advantages of Using This Machine
- Makes Your Mood Happy: Try the same treadmill run day after day. Chances are that you will feel demoralized and sad even after a proper workout. Since change is always good for a person’s mood, a good quality rowing machine can help you get the proper exercise and thus make you happier.
- Burning Calories Made Simpler: Do regular rowing exercises and you will lose body weight in no time at all. It is said that one hour of rowing exercises can help your body lose almost 1000 calories.
There are many types of exercising machines used in a gym. Although a rowing machine can provide proper workouts to different parts of your body, it is also good to try other machines at the same time. However, if losing excess fat is your key motive and doing so at a gym is not possible for you, then you can certainly setup a rowing machine at home and use it regularly. Just make sure that you place it near a window which gives you a wonderful view of the outside world. This will help you feel happy and also get the best results at the same time. Just make sure that you choose the right rowing machine for your use.