P90X Pull Up Bar
Iron Gym Pull Up Bar
Perfect Pullup – Multi-Gym Pro
Pull Up Bars – Which One to Choose and Which Ones to Ignore Is the Question
If you have ever been to a gym to workout, you must have seen people trying to pull themselves up by holding onto a bar, fixed tightly at a certain height. This bar is known as the pull up bar. So, you think that pulling your entire body weight against the gravitational force is an easy job? Try it yourself and you will be forced to think again. With time, it has been seen that several types of pull up bars have come up in the market. Which ones to choose and which ones to ignore, may seem like an uphill task for many. Some of you may even think how using such a bar can help your body and health.
Use Pull up Bars to Enjoy a Bagful of Benefits
If you ask your physical trainer or any doctor, as such, you will be told that pull ups are one of the best forms of exercises you can ever perform. It not just useful in building bigger arms, it also helps to improve your shoulders, back, and chest muscles. Here are some other benefits discussed for your knowledge.
- Improve Your Body Posture: Most of you probably work for very long hours sitting at your desk in office. With time, this plays havoc with the overall posture of your body. If you perform pull ups, it will go a great distance in improving your body posture. Sitting in one position for long tends to make your shoulder and back muscles very inactive. Pull ups can restart blood circulation to these parts of our body, which will help the muscles to get back to their active state. This will improve the posture of your body in the days to come.
- Build Your Muscle Mass: Have you ever tried to pull something heavy up against the forces of the earth? If you have, then you probably know that as the weight of the object increases, pulling it up also gets difficult. Similar is the case when you try to pull up the weight of your body by holding onto a bar. It is needless to say that as you try to pull up something heavy, it helps to increase your body muscle mass.
- One of The Best Forms of Exercises At Home: Pull ups is one of the best and cheapest forms of exercises you can ever perform at home. All you need is a pull up bar, which needs to be fixed at a certain level above the ground. Regularly performing this exercise will help your health in several ways.
- Compact Piece of Equipment to Workout: If you do not have too much free space at home, then using a pull up bar will be a suitable thing to do. It does not take up much space at all and can easily handle plenty of weight.
Important Points to Remember When Shopping For Pull Up Bars
In the past, buying a pull up bar was not a very difficult task. However, things have changed in these modern times. The market is practically flooded with different types of such bars. This is why it is very important to take your time and then shop for a pull up bar. Some of the points to consider while shopping are discussed below.
- Sturdy: When shopping for chin up bars, always choose one which is sturdy and slightly heavy. If the bar is not so, then it may crumple easily if forced to pull up a heavy person. This may cause further accidents and injuries to your body.
- Grip Options: Always search for pull up bars with multiple grip options. This will help you perform different types of chin up exercises without having to purchase different types of bars. However, it is important to note that varieties of pull ups should only be tried once you master the basic style. If you try to do more difficult types of pull ups in your initial days, then you may harm your body.
- Portable Ones Are Better: When it comes to pull up bars, you will find there are 2 primary types. First are those which need to be fixed permanently to your wall or doorway. Second are those which are portable and do not need any permanent fixes. The latter do not cause any damage to your doors or walls and can easily be carried along with you. It is always better to go for the portable ones instead of the other type of pull up bars.
- Length of The Bar: Chin up bars also come in various lengths. How long should your pull up bar be, is completely dependent upon the place where you plan to install it. This is why it is always better to measure the length of the space and then go to shop for one.
- Your Budget: It is also a good idea to stick to your budget while shopping for a suitable pull up bar. These come with different price tags. Always buy a bar which does not burn a hole in your pocket. You may like some of the costly ones, however, it is better to avoid greed.
- The Reputation of The Manufacturer: Different manufacturers are there in the market, which manufacture similar types of pull up bars. However, their reputation may not be the same. This is why always choose a product made by a reputed company.
Various Types of Pull up Bars
As discussed above, pull up bars in different types. Which one to choose for your personal use, is a tough question to answer. Mentioned below are the various types to help you with your decision.
- Door Pull Up Bars: If you are looking for a pull up bar, which will not burn a hole in your pocket and also won’t take up much of your time to install, then a door pull up bar is the best solution. It is also known as the extending pull up bar and is basically a chrome tube. This tube can be extended on both sides in order to fit any door of a width of 3 feet. It is recommended to use brackets along with this bar in order to avoid it from falling off. However, most of the time it is seen that these bars remain at one place even without any brackets.
- Doorway Pull up Bars: These types of chin up bars provide different types of grips to a user, such as neutral grip, close grip, and wide grip. When it comes to the installation section, doorway pull up bars use it different leverage points in order to create a very secure and tight grip on your doorway. Thus, the need to use brackets or permanent supports is basically nil. The different grips are padded to avoid any damage to the user and your walls and doors are also saved from getting damaged due to installing a pull up bar.
- Free Standing Pull Up Bar: Are you not willing to permanently install a pull up bar at home? Are you also not too confident about the portable ones? Then the best alternative is to use a free standing pull up bar. These can be placed anywhere at home and do not require any type of installation. However, it is crucial to note that such bars can be installed in a 5×5 feet open space with adequate ceiling height. Free standing pull up bars can also help you perform dips to help you improve your triceps and chest. Although other types of chin up bars also advertise the possibility of performing dips on them, it is highly recommended not to do so. It is also good to know that free standing ones are not as costly as it may seem.
- Ceiling And Wall Mounted Pull Up Bars: These type of chin up bars take the help of screws to get affixed to a solid and strong surface such as a ceiling or a wall. The only drawback of such bars is that these remain fixed to one location can cannot be carried along with you. When you install such a chin up bar, always remember that it has to sustain a downward continuous thrusting force of approximately 250 to 300 lbs for a long time at a stretch. Thus, the wall or the ceiling should not crumple down under such force.
Tips to Help You Find out about Pull up Bars
Most of you probably still have some questions about pull up bars. Questions pertaining to the best type, price ranges, and different manufacturers may still be haunting you. Here are some tips to help you find the answer to such questions.
- Ask The Trainer At Your Gym: Gym trainers not just know about the best exercises for you, they also have a fair knowledge about the various types of pull up bars and which ones would be suitable for your home use. Discuss about your needs in details with your trainer so that he can come up with a good recommendation.
- Speak With A Few Store Owners: There must be a few sports shops in your locality. In your leisure time, try to visit some of these stores and discuss about your requirement of a good quality pull up bar. Make a note of their suggestions and decide which bar to buy. However, make sure that you compare the different suggestions so that you can make the right choice.
- Seek Assistance From The Internet: The internet has helped many people clear their doubts. There are many websites which provide vital information about different exercise equipment. Check for those sites which speak about pull up bars. Also visit some of the online shopping sites, so that you can get an idea about their different prices. This will also help you chalk out a budget before you actually go out to buy a chin up bar.
Benefits of Online Shopping
It may not be possible for most of you to visit different physical stores to buy a pull up bar. Instead, you may shop online. Do you think this can be risky? Well, you may think again. There are several benefits of online shopping.
- Different Varieties on The Same Website: If you shop online, you will be glad to note that a wide varieties of pull up bars will be available on the same site. This will save you the time of visiting different shopping websites. This will also help you compare the different types in order to choose the best.
- Delivery at Your Doorstep: Buy a pull up bar from an online shopping site and you can easily get it delivered at your doorstep. Thus, no need to carry it from the store all the way back home.
- Save On Money: Physical stores seldom give offers and discounts on their products. Their offers are subject to special festivals or occasions. On the other hand, online shopping sites come with exciting offers almost throughout the year. They do not need any special occasion to introduce discounts and offers. This way, you can save your hard earned money with the help of online shopping.
A good quality pull up bar can be a great asset for your entire lifetime. This is why it is always a good idea to take your time and then decide which type you wish to buy. Seek advice from as many people as possible before you buy a chin up bar. However, make sure that the person you ask is experienced on the topic. You should always remember that a good quality chin up bar is the one which fits your budget and life. You will certainly not seen any overnight results after you start using such a bar. It may take weeks or even months to give visible results. This may depend from person to person. This is why you should continue your workouts on a chin up bar even if the results take a long time to appear in your case.
Related: Power Towers