Where To Buy Flaxseed and Flax Seed Oil
You can buy Flaxseed in 3 different ways. Flaxseed Oil, ground flaxseed (also referred to as “meal“) and whole flaxseed. If you purchase the whole seeds you will have to grind the seeds yourself using a coffee grinder or other tool because you will not get the same health benefits as you do from the ground or oil form. The benefit of the whole seeds is they will stay good longer and you can grind them as you need them. You can find all the Flax Seed Benefits a little further down the page. We will take a look at the 3 forms below so you can get the answer to Where To Buy Flaxseed?
Where To Buy Organic Flaxseed Oil?
This is our favorite Organic Flaxseed Oil that we would recommend and you can purchase it right online. Barlean’s Organic Flax Oil.
- Pure, Unrefined and Unfiltered
- Protect your hair, skin and nails health
- Best Selling oil on Amazon
If you are looking for the Flax Seed Oil in pill form we recommend NatureWise Organic Flaxseed Oil Softgels
- easy to swallow pills are convenient to take and also easy to digest
- contains NO fish byproducts
- 1000 mg of Organic Flaxseed Oil
- #1 Bestseller on Amazon
Purchasing ground flaxseed saves you time having to do it yourself however it does not last as long as if you purchase the whole seeds. Viva Labs makes a great Ground Organic Flax Seed product that we highly recommend if you are looking for the convenience of the already ground product.
- Ground finely for smoothness in the consistency
- Allergen Friendly
The great thing about Whole Flax Seed is that you are able to use just the right amount that you need and not have any waste. You will have a little extra work involved because you will have to grind it yourself but it is definitely a great way to go if you are able to do that.
- Huge company with a lot of experience milling grains and seeds
- Can use in whole form but for health benefits you must grind the seeds
- Can be added to breads, muffins, cereals and smoothies
How To Ground Flaxseed? A Flax Seed Grinder
If you want to ground your own flaxseed you can certainly do that and get the greatest benefits from your whole flax seed. Here is a great product that will make grinding your seeds a breeze. Krups Electric Grinder:
- #1 Best Seller on Amazon
- 200 watt motor for grinding fast
- large capacity
- 2 year warranty
- very affordable
The Numerous Benefits of Having Flaxseed
Have you ever seen or heard anyone who has flaxseeds on a regular basis? You will be surprised to know that the number of products which include these seeds are on the rise. Often termed as one of the most powerful plant food on earth, flaxseeds are known to reduce the chances of cancer, diabetes, strokes, and heart attacks in human beings since ages. Although these seeds contain a number of useful healthy components, three of them are said to be the most important amongst others. These are omega 3 essential fatty acids, fiber, and lignans. You may know that omega 3 is quite beneficial to maintain a healthy heart. Both insoluble and soluble fiber are found in flaxseeds. Lignans have both antioxidant and estrogen qualities.
How Does Flaxseeds Help Maintain A Healthy Body?
As discussed above, flaxseeds have numerous health benefits. However, many people do not have any idea about such benefits. Some of these benefits are discussed below to enhance your knowledge.
- Cancer: When you speak about cancer, you may think about breast cancer, colon cancer, prostate cancer, and throat cancer. According to a recent study, it has been determined that flaxseeds have a protective effect against several types of cancer, such as breast, colon, and prostate. Lignans, present in such seeds, block the various enzymes in the body, which are involved in the interference of the spread and growth of tumor cells. These enzymes are also involved in the metabolism of various hormones.
- Heart Disease: Omega 3, present in flaxseeds, help the human heart in a number of ways to stay fit. It helps to avoid inflammation and also normalize the heart rate. If you have flaxseeds on a regular basis, the omega 3 helps to keep plaque away from getting deposited in the arteries and it also hardens the arteries. The former is achieved by avoiding the WBC or white blood cells from getting stuck in the inner lining of your blood vessels.
- Diabetes: Regular intake of flaxseeds may also help you to avoid diabetes by lowering your blood sugar levels.
When to Avoid Flaxseeds?
According to research, it has been found out that during pregnancy and during breastfeeding, women should stop their intake of flaxseeds. However, the reason behind this is yet to be found out.
Tips for Buying, Storing, and Using Flaxseeds
If you are planning to have flaxseeds for the first time, then there are certain facts you should know about in regards to its storage, purchase, and consumption. Here are some tips to help you in such matters.
- Better Purchase Ground Flaxseeds: If you consume flaxseeds as a whole, then your body will fail to get all the healthy components of the product. This is why it is better to buy ground flaxseeds. This way, you can digest it properly and also get all the essential nutrients from the seeds.
- Golden Or Brown Flaxseeds Are Preferable: Usually there is not much of a difference between golden and brown flaxseeds. However, golden seeds are better for the eyes and the brown ones are easily available at stores.
- Purchase Online Or At Stores: You can purchase flaxseeds either way as per your convenience. You may either order it online from a reputed and reliable online shopping site or shop at any supermarket.
- Have It With Your Daily Meal: There must be something which you have on a daily basis. You may grind whole flaxseeds and mix it with the food which you have every day. It will gradually get in your habit of having flaxseeds on a regular basis. Just a couple of tablespoons of flaxseeds every day can help you attain a healthy body.
- Store It In The Freezer: The best place to store ground flaxseeds is in the freezer. Keep in a good quality plastic saleable bag and keep it in the freezer. The cool temperature of the freezer will prevent the seeds from losing its nutritional values and getting oxidized.
- Try To Store Flaxseeds In Its Whole Form: Usually, flaxseeds in its whole form tend to last longer than its ground form. The shells of the seeds help to protect the useful acids inside. Also remember to keep the seeds in a dark place.
- Use It In Baking Bread: You may also use ground flaxseeds in baking waffles or bread or muffins or even pancakes. Substitute it for a portion of flour to bake items. A quarter to half portion of flour can be replaced with flaxseeds.
Key Factors to Remember While Shopping For Flaxseeds
- When shopping for flaxseeds, it is important to buy it from a reputed and dependable store. This will help you get good quality seeds.
- If you are planning to order online, better choose a popular online shopping site, from where you can buy your supply of flaxseeds. The best way to check the authenticity of a shopping site is to read about customer reviews.
- Do ensure that the packet of flaxseeds you purchase is newly packed and not something which was there at a store for a long time.
You may be working hard every day at work to earn for your family. However, if you do not take good care of your health, then you will fail to work hard for long in your life. You will also not be able to enjoy your life after retirement. Just like regular exercises is important to remain fit and strong, eating healthy is also crucial to lead a healthy life. If you have not been concentrating on your eating habits till date, then it is time that you start taking care of it. If needed, you may also consult with an experienced and reputed dietician. The specialist will be the best person to help you decide upon the right food for you as per your health conditions and lifestyle. Since it is a matter of your own health, it is always better to be cautious about what you eat rather than gorging on whatever food you notice and catches your fancy.