Find Out About the 7 Adaptogen Herbs to Lower Cortisol
You may go regularly to the gym to workout. You may even look like a bodybuilder with bulging muscles on your various body parts. However, if you do not understand the inside of your body, you will never be able to get the type of exterior you always wanted. The human body is basically like a chemical factory. A number of chemicals are generated inside by different glands situated in various parts of the body. These chemical extractions or hormones are very crucial for the body to grow and mature. If any of these glands stop producing its hormones or produces above the normal range, it can mean danger for you.
What Is Cortisol?
Cortisol is also known as the stress hormone in a layman’s term. If this hormone is generated at a controlled level, you may not be in any sort of trouble. On the other hand, if the secretion of cortisol exceeds its limit, it can give rise to several physiological problems in your body. These may include thyroid problems and problems for the adrenal glands. You will feel irritable and anxious all the time. This will also lead you to getting fat with excessive bone loss.
7 Adaptogen Herbs to Lower Cortisol
There are 7 different types of Adaptogen herbs which can easily lower down the cortisol level in your body. For your general information, Adaptogens are basically a unique or special category of healing plants, which can keep a balance inside the human body.
- Ginseng: It is probably one of the most popular types of Adaptogens the entire world knows about. One of the most potent amongst the various types of ginseng is the Panax ginseng or the Asian ginseng. It improves the mental performance and assists you to withstand stress very easily.
- Ashwaganda: Generally used in Ayurvedic medicines, Ashwaganda is also known as the Indian ginseng. It helps to ease out anxiety and regulates the entire immune system.
- Holy Basil: Popularly known as tulsi, it is generally referred to as the “elixir of anti-ageing” in India. It helps your body to fight off stress and fatigue.
- Astragalus Root: This Adaptogen is generally found in China. Astragalus Roots help to negate the effects of stress on your nervous system and also enhances your immunity levels. It gives rise to the anti-stress compounds in a human body to fight off the evils of stress.
- Rhodiola: If you feel mentally drained out and physically tired all the time due to stress, then Rhodiola is the answer to your problems. This Adaptogen has a phytochemical, which is also known as salisdroside. This is effective to fight ageing and anxiety.
- Licorice Root: This component can boost your energy levels and also enhance your overall immune system.
- Cordycep Mushrooms: Along with cordycep, shiitake, reishi, and maitake are all types of mushrooms with high percentage of antioxidants. These types of mushrooms can also assist in fighting against the negative effects of high cortisol levels in a human body.