WaterRower Versus Concept 2
You will often come across numerous suggestions when it comes to buying a personal exercise machine. Some will recommend you an elliptical trainer, some will suggest a treadmill, and some will ask you to go for an upright cycle. Have you ever thought about choosing a good and durable rowing machine for your own use at home? Experts say that if you work out on a rowing machine, you will not require any other machine at home for your exercises. It is often seen that people usually get confused between 2 primary types of rowing machines, Concept 2 rower vs WaterRower. They are both on the high end of the cost scale so it is a great debate between two very different rowing machines.
WaterRower vs Concept2
There are some basic differences between the WaterRower and Concept2 rowing machines (Concept 2 Model D and the Concept 2 Model E). If you get an idea about such differences, it will help you get clear regarding your preferences and choices.
- Noise Level: When it comes to the noise level of a rowing machine, the WaterRower is much quieter than the Concept2. The only noise you will get to hear is the sloshing noise of water in the water tank. At the same time, the noise level of the Concept2 has been controlled to some extent due to the use of the nickel chain. However, the fan does make a loud noise when the machine is being used.
- Suitability: The WaterRower is ideal for people who have knee problems and cannot bear loud noise from any machine. On the other hand, Concept2 is good for those who are serious about their health and wish to get the most out of their workout sessions, irrespective of the loud noise. This machine is good for people suffering from lower back pains.
- Durability: AS far as durability of the machines are concerned, both the machines are extremely durable and quite stable, even when used at top speeds.
- Rowing Feel: If you use the WaterRower machine, you will understand that the strokes are uneven. You will also get to feel that the resistance is at its strongest when you pull and decreases as you pick up speed. On the other hand, the initial stage of every pull on the Concept2 machine feels light and the resistance goes higher at a smooth rate as you accelerate.
- Storage: You can easily store away the WaterRower by making it stand on its end. The machines do not take up much space. At the same time, storing the Concept2 can prove to be a headache. When you have to detach the machine into 2 parts, it can really take some time.
- Footrests: The footrests of the WaterRower is made of molded plastic and not well designed. It gets caught with your shoes when you put your feet on and off the footrests. Rowing bare feet is impossible due to the sharp edges on the footrests. The footrests of the Concept2 is also made of molded plastic. However, it is designed in such a way that your heels rise easily. You may also row bare feet.
There are several other differences between the 2 types of rowing machines. Take your time to choose the right one as per your preferences.